Purpose and objectives
- The purpose of the BCISG is to provide a forum for technical experts within the construction industry (house-building primarily), to discuss building control regulatory issues, capture industry feedback on proposed regulatory change and use this feedback to provide guidance to the industry on the adoption of practices and processes to support the achievement of Building Regulations.
- The Group will publish papers and information from time-to-time covering industry-wide advice, guidance and briefings to help the industry adopt the new regulations through best practice. Such papers and information will be agreed by the Group and will be available to all Group members, and ultimately the industry at large in due course.
- The BCISG will be chaired by a senior representative of NHBC Building Control and the Group will comprise approximately 20 senior technical representatives from major builders (typical role within these companies is expected to be the group technical director or equivalent level of responsibility).
- It is expected that the Group will meet twice yearly, with the possibility to meet more frequently when requirements demand. Notes of these meetings will be taken and circulated to all Group members where appropriate. The Group members can utilise this material as they see fit for the benefit of the industry.
- Following the initial recruitment of the Group members, future Group membership, the Group constitution and other administrative matters will be agreed at Group meetings.