NHBC Risk Guides
NHBC Risk Guides provide concise, practical guidance in meeting NHBC requirements in particular parts of the construction process.
The Risk Guides are issued to our building inspectors. They’ll refer to them at their pre-start meeting with you and may then use them as your work progresses on site depending on the specific site requirements.
Where useful information already exists, the guides will refer to these additional resources. Where existing information doesn’t exist, the guides may include an element of technical detailing to assist in interpretation and understanding.
When using the guides remember that they’re designed as a discussion document, and not a fully exhaustive checklist or compilation of all applicable technical details.
Talk to us
For more information or technical support, you can give us a call or send us an email.
Download NHBC Risk Guides
NHBC Risk Guides have been included as supporting documents in NHBC Standards Plus, but you can also access the individual guides from the list below:
- Balconies - revised 04/17
- Cavity trays/DPCs – Superstructure - revised 08/17
- Fire considerations (blocks) - new 03/16
- Ground supported slabs - new 03/16
- Heave precautions - revised 04/17
- Parapets and copings - revised 03/16
- Pitched roof covering - revised 03/16
- Radon/Gas protection - new 03/16
- Render - revised 04/17
- Spandrel panels to cold roof spaces - new 01/18
- Waterproofing basements and other below ground structures - revised 04/17