NHBC Standards 2013New digital format now available
The 2013 edition of the NHBC Standards came into effect for every NHBC registered home whose foundations were begun on or after 1 January 2013.
The Standards are the technical manual for NHBC registered builders with sections covering the design, material specification and Sitework for each part of the build process.
They provide the technical benchmark for all newly-built homes registered with NHBC.
And, new for this year is a new fully interactive online version - NHBC Standards Plus.
Watch this demonstration video to see how it works
New! NHBC Standards Plus
NHBC Standards Plus is a new, fully interactive online version of the NHBC Standards that includes a range of supplementary technical information. It's available FREE on the NHBC Extranet to registered builders, developers and subscribers to NHBC Standards.
Benefits of NHBC Standards Plus include:
- Free, fast online access available 24/7
- Fully interactive digital publication with extensive technical guidance from videos and Guidance Notes, filtered by Standards chapter
- Built in 'word search' function
- Option to print, save and forward sections of information
Find out more about NHBC Standards Plus
What's new in NHBC Standards 2013?
The main changes to the 2013 Standards include:
- Revised Chapter 7.2 'Pitched Roofs'
This chapter first published in October 2011 and effective for properties registered on or after 1 January 2012, has been incorporated in full.
- Revised Chapter 6.7 'Doors, windows and glazing' and Chapter 6.9 'Curtain walling and cladding'
Further guidance to these chapters has been added to reflect the increasing use of multiple door and window frame assemblies.
The benefits of working with NHBC Standards
- Essential part of risk management - because building to the correct standards keeps potential problems to a minimum, benefiting both homeowners and builders.
- Comprehensive guidance - every part of the building process is covered, from foundations to decoration with Technical Requirements, Performance Standards and detailed guidance, including sketches and diagrams.
- Regular updates - we regularly update the Standards to incorporate feedback from our inspection and claims services and to reflect regulatory change within the industry.
Free to NHBC registered builders
We pride ourselves on technical excellence and the detailed information we provide our registered builders. Evolution of the Standards is an integral part of our drive to improve the quality of new homes and is provided free to all NHBC registered builders.
Enjoy the benefits of NHBC registration
Standards 2013, just one of the benefits of registration
Technical Extra is our technical newsletter. Regular issues are mailed to NHBC registered builders and to professionals who have subscribed to receive copies.
NHBC Standards for conversions and renovations
There are separate Standards for conversions and renovation projects. Please call us on 0844 633 1000 and ask for Sales to find out more.