005 - Anglia Ruskin University
Richard Murphy Architects
Van Zyl and De Villiers
The building comprises skills laboratories for medical training on the ground floor, classrooms on the first floor and office accommodation for the faculty on the 2nd floor. This modern building includes a large array of mechanical and electrical services which includes hi-tech state of the art medical and audio visual and security equipment throughout.
District CHP, Photovoltaic panels and innovative free cooling via chilled beams.
- Energy: Gas fired district CHP & Photovoltaic panels.
- Water: Dual flush WC’s and waterless urinals to cloakrooms, low water use taps and a leak detection system.
- Ventilation: Natural - chimney features which act as ventilation shafts. Chilled beams provide cooling.
- Materials: Concrete frame super structure, with aluminium cladding and brickwork.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme: Achieved certification for performance beyond compliance for CCS.
- Drainage: SUDS including attenuation features.
NHBC were appointed to undertake a Post Construction Stage assessment for the facility.
We worked closely with the developer and design team to ensure that the Design Stage assessment (undertaken by others) maintained a final certification of a Very Good rating.
Talk to us
For more information or technical support, you can give us a call or send us an email.
Other Case Studies
001 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One
002 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One (Dwellings)
003 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Lot 6
004 - Hookstone Chase
Arncliffe Homes, Harrogate
006 - Livity School