Check the NHBC Register
How to check if a builder is registered with NHBC
If you are thinking of buying a new home, or are carrying out the conveyancing on a new home, you can check whether the builder is registered with NHBC using the facility below.
You can search by builder name, by county and by NHBC registration number if known.
Please note :
- To maintain the integrity of the NHBC Register, we are unable to provide addresses or telephone numbers on this website. Neither do we make the Register of builders available for direct mailing purposes.
- During the registration process, applicant builders may choose not to appear on this list.
- If you are a homeowner or solicitor and cannot find a builder on this database, please call Customer Services and ask to check the register.
- If you are an NHBC registered builder or developer and cannot find your company on the list,
please call 0344 633 1000, ask for 'Customer Services', and explain that you do not appear on the website register and ask to check your publicity settings.
- What does 'NHBC registered builder' mean? and other questions about the register.