Section 6 energy services in Scotland EPCs, SAP, SPP6, PAN84 and our Certifiers of Design service
Providing energy services in Scotland since 1998, we have a large, Scottish-based team of highly-experienced consultants and assessors who can:
- help you navigate the requirements of Section 6 and the SAP 2009 methodology which can be challenging, especially for smaller and medium-sized firms
- work with you to ensure compliance if your development is affected by Scottish Planning Statement 6 (SPP 6) or Planning Advice Notice 84 (PAN 84)
- provide expert advice, reports and the certification to help you achieve compliance in the most cost-effective way
- deliver a complete compliance solution if you choose our energy, sustainability, acoustic and air leakage services.
Quicker, cheaper Warrant with Approved Certifier of Design service
As an Approved Certifier of Design for Energy (Domestic) we can work with you to develop your designs and certify that they comply with the energy requirements of Section 6.
Certifying your designs in advance means that your Verifier will be satisfied that your design meets the requirements of Section 6. And, because certified designs take less time to process, your Building Warrant fee will be discounted by around 10%.
When do you need the service?
For SAP ratings, it is best to send us your plans, drawings and a detailed specification of your proposed development at design stage so that we can provide expert input early on.
EPCs can only be prepared when the homes are nearing completion. However, if you order your EPCs at the same time as your SAP rating we will help co-ordinate the production of the EPCs.
For the design certification service, contact us about a month before you intend to submit your warrant application. You must also tell your Verifier that you are using an Approved Certifier of Design.
Discuss your project
Ready to order or need more information? Contact us
Downloads and links
- Energy services for Scotland brochure
- NHBC Foundation report - Low and zero carbon homes: the performance challenge (NF41)
- NHBC Foundation report - Today's attitudes to low and zero carbon homes (NF40)
- NHBC Foundation report - Zero carbon compendium 2011 (NF31)
- Technical handbooks for Scottish Building Standards
- Low carbon building standards strategy (Sullivan report)