Extensive Code assessments for M&E consultant Design advice, sustainability assessments, energy ratings
Thanks for the design stage work, it was appreciated by all, especially your proactive helpful approach.Andy Singleton, Technical Consultant, Couch Perry Wilkes LLP
Couch Perry Wilkes and Kier - Lower Shenley, Birmingham
Services provided: Design advice, sustainability assessments, energy ratings
This £25 million phase of the development, with contractor Kier Partnership Homes for Bournville Village Trust, comprises 167 two and three storey houses and blocks of flats up to four storeys.
All units are designed to meet the Lifetime Homes requirements. This phase uses solar hot water panels to reduce the energy demands of each dwelling.
NHBC worked closely with the M&E consultant Couch Perry Wilkes and the rest of the design team from the earliest stage, advising on the plans to ensure the properties achieved Level 3 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
The client also requested additional consultancy to help address more complex aspects of the scheme. .
Discuss your project
Ready to order or need more information? Contact us
Downloads and links
- Code for Sustainable Homes brochure
- NHBC Foundation report - Today's attitudes to low and zero carbon homes
- NHBC Foundation report - How occupants behave and interact with their homes
- NHBC Foundation report - Water consumption in sustainable new homes
- NHBC Foundation report - Sustainable drainage systems
- NHBC Foundation report - The Code for Sustainable Homes simply explained
- CLG Code for Sustainable Homes Technical Guide 2010