Award-winning BREEAM scheme Sustainability consultancy
The advice from NHBC proved invaluable in helping us through the EcoHomes and Lifetime Homes requirements.John Rickards, Director, Trinity Welsh Homes
Trinity Welsh Homes - The Old Job Centre, Holyhead
Construction: Timber frame
Services provided: Sustainability consultancy
NHBC helped the developer and housing association win the BREEAM 2009 award for EcoHomes.
Despite it being their first scheme to EcoHomes standards, they achieved the highest EcoHomes rating.
The client was keen to score highly in all of the assessment categories, which we helped them do whilst identifying ways to favourably manage the cost of proposals throughout the project.
The scheme of eight two-bed homes included rainwater harvesting and solar hot water panels. Further technical details are available in the BREEAM awards summary here. The BREEAM awards certificate is here.
Discuss your project
Ready to order or need more information? Contact us
Downloads and links
- Code for Sustainable Homes brochure
- NHBC Foundation report - Today's attitudes to low and zero carbon homes
- NHBC Foundation report - How occupants behave and interact with their homes
- NHBC Foundation report - Water consumption in sustainable new homes
- NHBC Foundation report - Sustainable drainage systems
- NHBC Foundation report - The Code for Sustainable Homes simply explained
- CLG Code for Sustainable Homes Technical Guide 2010