Acoustics design advice Impartial, professional acoustic consultancy and design advice
Achieving good acoustic performance in buildings is not always easy, especially if:
- there isn't a suitable Robust Detail for your project
- your building is a conversion
- the performance requirements are set higher than the Part E minimum; or
- a sound test has failed.
Our technicians and consultants can work with you to achieve the required level of performance, however complex the project. Using the NHBC team, you will benefit from:
- technical excellence gained from providing consultancy on a wide range of projects ( from small housing developments to multi-residential, mixed-use or commercial sites) as well as experience from carrying out over 20000 sound insulation tests.
- independent advice - we are not affiliated with any manufacturer so the advice you receive is completely impartial. All correspondence with you remains strictly private and confidential.
- a thorough, fully-researched solution because we will work closely with you to explore a variety of options to achieve the necessary standard and will always aim to provide more than one option/solution
- robust, cost effective advice.
When do you need acoustic design advice and what's involved?
We recommend that you involve us at the earliest possible stage of your project so that we can provide design advice early enough to avoid the need for costly redrafts or remedial works later on.
Failing this, we will happily undertake a review of the principal drawings/details that have been prepared as soon as possible and provide a written report to raise queries and make recommendations.
You might also be interested in:
Technical guidance on Building Regulations
Find out more