Energy performance certificates On-construction EPCs from the experts in energy and sustainability
Every year, our energy team produces over 20,000 energy ratings (SAP, EPC and SBEM) for new-build houses, conversions and commercial projects. With our EPC service you benefit from:
- flexible payments - if you have an account with us you don't need to pay for your EPCs until they have been produced
- fast, efficient service - if you use NHBC for building control we'll already have access to your drawings and you can upload more information via our extranet to save time and money
- delivery of your EPCs with an easy to manage schedule plus your certificates and SAP data available to view on our extranet
- automatic co-ordination of your EPCs if you order EPCs at the same time as your SAP calculations
- a complete compliance solution if you choose NHBC Building Control or our energy, sustainability, acoustic and air leakage testing services. Choose multiple NHBC services and our teams will work together to ensure the quickest, most cost-effective route to compliance.
Why do you need Energy Performance Certificates?
Since 2008, all homes and commercial buildings when built, sold or rented have needed an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to comply with the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) provide a rating of the energy efficiency and carbon emissions of a building from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is very inefficient. Our expert assessors are accredited to carry out 'On Construction' EPCs for new build properties.
Discuss your project
Ready to order or need more information? Contact us
Downloads and links
- Part L Compliance brochure
- Technical Extra 03 - Part L 2010
- Technical Extra 13 - Part L 2013
- NHBC Foundation report - Low and zero carbon homes: the performance challenge
- NHBC Foundation report - Today's attitudes to low and zero carbon homes
- NHBC Foundation report - Zero carbon compendium 2011
- NHBC Foundation report - Part L 2010 - Where to start