Why choose Buildmark Choice for affordable housing?
Buildmark Choice is our 10-12 year affordable housing warranty and insurance cover. It is designed to protect owners of properties being rented, whether to private, affordable or social tenants. It covers both new-build and conversion and may also be available for mixed use sites, student accommodation and foyer schemes.
Benefits of Buildmark Choice cover
Summary of cover
Choose Buildmark Choice and your registered providers and their tenants will be protected with:
- Cover for the first 2 years after completion if you don't meet your obligations to repair damage or defects
- Cover for damage in certain parts of the home in years 3 to 10
- Cover for pre-existing contamination of the land on which the home is built
- Protection for certain breaches of Building Regulations if NHBC Building Control Services Ltd is appointed for building control
Options to extend this cover include:
- Option 1: pre-completion contractor insolvency
- Option 2: professional fees
- Option 3: extended period of cover (a further 2 years damage cover giving a total 12 years' protection)
Our experts provide you with unrivalled and up-to-date technical expertise and support throughout the construction process.
Trusted by registered providers
NHBC is recognised and trusted in this sector and works in partnership with many registered providers to help manage the risks of development. Some Housing Associations stipulate NHBC warranties in their contract tender documents.
Trusted by lenders
Mortgage lenders will only lend on properties that have appropriate cover. Unlike other warranties, Buildmark Choice is recognised, trusted and approved by all lenders.
Association with a leading industry brand
Our warranty and insurance cover is recognised and trusted. Display the NHBC logo to give your customers the assurance that their new home is built to high standards and is protected by the UK's leading new homes warranty provider.
We're increasing our range of online services to make it easier to do business with us and to help you get the most from your registration. These include:
- NHBC Extranet - quick and easy access to important site and plot information
- NHBC TechZone - a dedicated online resource for Building Regulations
- NHBC Conveyancing Portal - reduce admin and save time and money with online Buildmark acceptance.
- NHBC Home User Guide (HUG) - give your customers a HUG and sustain long-term customer satisfaction