Why choose Buildmark Choice for affordable housing?
Buildmark Choice is our 10-12 year affordable housing warranty and insurance cover. It is designed to protect registered providers, tenants and shared owners. It covers both new-build and conversion and may also be available for mixed use sites, student accommodation and foyer schemes.
Benefits of Buildmark Choice cover
Choose Buildmark Choice and your registered providers and their tenants will be protected with:
- Cover for the first 2 years after completion if you don't meet your obligations to repair damage or defects
- Cover for damage caused by a defect in certain parts of the home in years 3 to 10 (or 12 if selected)
- Cover for pre-existing contamination of the land on which the home is built
- Protection for certain breaches of Building Regulations if our subsidiary or another NHBC registered Approved Inspector is appointed for building control
Optional extras to enhance this cover include:
- pre-completion contractor insolvency
- a further 2 years home damage cover against defects, giving a total 12 years' protection
- professional fees
Full details in the Current Buildmark Choice policy document
Our experts provide you with unrivalled and up-to-date technical expertise and support throughout the construction process.
Trusted by registered providers
NHBC is recognised and trusted in this sector and works in partnership with many registered providers to help manage the risks of development. Some Housing Associations stipulate NHBC warranties in their contract tender documents.
Trusted by lenders
Mortgage lenders will only lend on properties that have appropriate cover. Unlike other warranties, Buildmark Choice is recognised, trusted and approved by all lenders.