004 - Hookstone Chase
Arncliffe Homes, Harrogate
Kilmartin Plowman & Partners Ltd
Hookstone Chase is a development of eight new build ‘room in roof’ two-storey residential units, on a brownfield site. The development duration was eleven months and was completed September 2015.
Fabric first approach to CfSH 4, with minimal renewable technology.
- Energy: Gas central heating system. Photovoltaic panels (1 kWp per house).
- Water: 90 l/p/d (Dual flush WC, 140 litre bath, 6 litre/m shower, 5 litre/m taps and water efficient appliances).
- Ventilation: Natural ventilation.
- Acoustics: All dwellings achieve a 5dB improvement over Approved Document Part E for impact and airborne sound.
- Materials: Traditional construction – masonry external walls (150mm cavity full filled insulation) with a mixture of render and brick finish, timber floors, upvc double glazed windows and timber trussed roof.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme: Achieved certification for performance beyond compliance for CCS.
- Drainage: Attenuation systems.
This is one of the first developments in the UK to be completed under the new Building Regulations 2013 and the Code Addendum 2014. Built using traditional construction methods with high levels of insulation and energy efficient double glazed windows, resulting in lower energy bills for the occupant.
Talk to us
For more information or technical support, you can give us a call or send us an email.
Other Case Studies
001 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One
002 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One (Dwellings)
003 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Lot 6
005 - Anglia Ruskin University
006 - Livity School