006 - Livity School
The site previously accommodated an old school which was demolished and the site cleared to make way for the new 3-storey concrete framed building. Works started in June 2011 and the project was completed in January 2013.
Rainwater Harvesting for WC flushing, ASHP and solar thermal panels.
- Energy: Air Source Heat Pumps for underfloor heating with roof mounted Solar thermal flat panels.
- Water: Low capacity WC’s and presence detectors to operate urinals – rainwater harvesting feeds toilet flush system; flow restricted taps.
- Ventilation: Natural ventilation strategy. Only specific data rooms have cooling.
- Materials: External Walls are predominantly rain screen cladding (steel facing panels) on steel frame support system, with some areas of brick and block walling and some timber and zinc cladding. Upper Floor insitu concrete with screed. Zinc standing seam roof, alongside single ply membrane on concrete deck.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme: Achieved certification for performance beyond compliance for CCS.
- Drainage: On site storm water attenuation as part of rainwater harvesting store.
NHBC were appointed by Mulalley early in the design stage to undertake a BREEAM assessment for the school. We worked alongside the design team, providing full consultancy which led to a final certification of a Very Good rating.
Talk to us
For more information or technical support, you can give us a call or send us an email.
Other Case Studies
001 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One
002 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Phase One (Dwellings)
003 - North West Cambridge Development
North West Cambridge Development, Lot 6
004 - Hookstone Chase
Arncliffe Homes, Harrogate
005 - Anglia Ruskin University