We’re looking for a Major Projects Senior Construction Quality Analyst
Do you want to work within a dynamic and experienced multidisciplinary team? We’re the UK’s leading warranty and insurance provider for newly-built homes and the largest Approved Inspector for Building Control in England and Wales. Following the continued growth of our business, we are looking for a Major Projects Senior Construction Quality Analyst to join our team.
With expert knowledge and understanding of NHBC Standards and UK Building Regulations, you will be responsible for reviewing the build quality of complex, high-risk and high-value projects in London and when required in other areas.
Great communication skills are essential for this role, which involves proactively managing relationships with customers in the high-risk sector.
Your day-to-day role
You will be expected to deliver NHBC’s construction quality consultancy capability and services to major customers, meeting SLAs and KPIs.
- Take responsibility for reviewing build quality, including CQR’s and Bespoke Quality Inspections
- Co-ordinate and plan work to maximise benefit and efficiency
- Undertake analysis of historic, recent and emerging issues with the standard of new homes within Major Projects
- Work with Major Projects customers to establish causation behind issues, developing action plans to raise standards, improve quality and reduce costs
- Undertake raising standards campaigns within defined subject areas
- Complete root cause analysis of failures, review technical risk management policies, procedures, standards, practices and IT support systems
- Develop and maintain expert, current knowledge of all house-building technologies, methods and materials which relate to Major Projects
- Where necessary, liaise with Major Projects Inspections Managers responsible for managing risk for each project
- Ensure compliance with NHBC and HSE personal safety requirements for yourself and others
The qualities and skills we’re looking for
The position requires the holder to act with integrity; due skill, care and diligence, and be open and co-operative with NHBC’s regulators.
The right candidate will be proactive and benefit from excellent interpersonal skills, successfully building and maintaining a close working relationship with designated customers in the industry.
With strong communication skills, you will be able to resolve customer complaints proactively, managing conflict and disagreement via effective and appropriate escalation.
The right person will be comfortable representing the business externally, assisting in the promotion of NHBC on quality-related external bodies, committees and working parties, and pursuing leads and exploring opportunities within a range of markets, including Built to Rent and Social Housing.
- Experience in the house building industry working with key customers and on Major Projects in building quality
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Relevant accredited HND/HNC qualification or higher and or substantial industry experience
- The ability to bring simplicity from complexity and communicate effectively to senior contacts clearly and diplomatically - both face-to-face, in workshops, presentations and in writing
- Good technical knowledge and experience of house building/construction, Regulations and Standards and a self-motivated drive to learn more each day
- Full driving licence required
Salary and benefits
Salary: Your salary will be in the range of £45,425.00 to £54,000.00 dependent upon experience, plus a remote worker allowance of £2,200.00. An additional regional uplift of up to £7500 for London weighting allowance. Our annual NHBC bonus scheme also rewards our strongest performers.
Company car: We will provide you with a company car (subject to a minimum of 4,000 business miles per year). We will also be adding to our fleet with more electric vehicles, meaning you’ll pay less and we can continue to reduce our impact on the environment.
Pension contributions: Our pension contributions are generous and, depending on your own monthly payments, we will contribute up to 10.5% of your pensionable salary each year.
Holidays: We offer 26 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase one extra week.
Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: We have equalised the leave we offer for all colleagues so that you are able to take the time you need to support your family.
Your future with us
For this exciting new role, we are looking for someone who is ambitious, hard-working and driven to succeed.
You will receive exceptional personal development opportunities and clear career progression; we will support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the chance to gain recognised qualifications.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly to suit their personal circumstances - while we can’t promise that we can offer you exactly what you want, we are always open to discussing potential arrangements at the interview stage, and beyond.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities for all with an inclusive culture that helps us to maintain a competitive advantage. Our people come from diverse backgrounds and support our fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
We are also a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.
Closing date: Monday, January 31st, 2022