Do you want to represent a nationally recognised brand as part of our Customer Service division? NHBC is the UK’s leading warranty and insurance provider for newly built homes and the largest Approved Inspector for Building Control in England and Wales and we’re looking for a Customer Service Trainer to join our team.
About the role
- Organise and maintain the Customer Service training plan, training log, training modules and all other training activities and be able to provide evidence of the NHBC Customer Service Training implementation for internal and external audits
- Create and maintain the Customer Services manual with support and input from the teams
- Work with the Team Leaders to ensure that LTP is managed within regulatory timescales and across all areas of Customer Service with particular emphasis on Building Control
- Maintain the Customer Service training records and escalate to line managers if training has not been attended
- Ensure feedback forms are collected and reviewed within agreed timescales. Implement any changes and record the results within the Customer Service training log
- Work closely with the Quality teams to record evidence that training is embedded and is part of BAU
- Responsible for monitoring and updating the Customer Service Guidance Manual when changes are made to processes and procedures or are identified during training sessions.
- Maintain vulnerable customer training and records for FCA purposes
- Liaise with consultants, trainers and NHBC staff to arrange mutually convenient dates and times for training sessions
Designing and delivering training:
- Deliver new starter training and onboarding as and when required
- Review, improve, design, and update all NHBC Customer Service training content on a regular basis responding to changes in process, policy or approach
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand changes to processes, legislation, documentation, pricing etc and ensure that training is delivered in advance of any changes taking place. Encourage stakeholders to deliver joint training and assess documentation prior to delivery.
- Design and deliver refresher training and other training sessions when requested by the Quality and Team Leaders
- Work closely with the Quality Team and Team Leaders to identify training needs identified from the monthly quality checks and implement a strategy to address those needs, train and then re-assess to ensure it is embedded and Quality Scores improve
- Experience in designing and delivering training, working in a Customer Service role, liaising and working with people on all different levels.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, problem solving, presenting
- To be IT literate, have great attention to detail and able to work with established policies and procedures.
- Be able to liaise and work with people at all levels of the business.
- To have excellent organisation and time management skills
- To be able to work to short timescales and to design and deliver under pressure
- Be self-motivated, have great customer service awareness, and be very organised.
- Experience in organising and planning events.
- Experience with NHBC Policies, procedures and systems
Salary & Benefits
£26,445 - £28,589 per annum (depending on experience)
Up to 6% performance related bonus.
25 days pa annual leave with option to purchase one additional week per year.
Pension scheme to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
Life assurance of 4 x salary.
Subsidised private medical insurance.
Cycle purchase scheme.
High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
Employee assistance programme.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you.
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected - Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human - Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive - Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.