Build your career with us.... we are looking for a talented Claims Investigator to join the Claims team.
At NHBC we are proud to be unique. No other organisation in our sector combines the variety of services and scale that we offer. As the market leader, our name is synonymous with new home warranty and insurance. Our people are driven by our core purpose to build confidence in the construction quality of new homes.
Why you should join us
We are a modern, lifestyle and family friendly employer who are in a period of rapid growth, investing in technology, data and new ways of working. We need passionate, talented and driven people to join us on this journey.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways, including home, field-based and hybrid working. We don’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Core benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme
- generous pension contributions up to 10.5%
- private medical insurance
- equalised maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay for all new parents
- 24/7 employee assistance programme supporting your physical and mental wellbeing
- 2 days volunteer leave
- Regional Allowance up to £7500 depending on location
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the investigation and repair scheduling of claims and resolutions, effectively determining validity under the NHBC Buildmark Cover up to prescribed financial limits.
- The role is also responsible for managing all aspects of a claim up until validity is determined which includes detailed technical discussions with builders and homeowners.
- This role is the primary point of face to face contact for homeowners wishing to make a Claim against Buildmark or use our Resolution Service, and provides technical guidance to homeowners, builders and NHBC office staff.
- Examination of documents and the available history of a property to establish the limits of the cover provided under the NHBC policy and manage risk to NHBC’s reputation
- Prepare schedules for either remedial work or cash settlement and issue instructions to Builder/Remedial Works Contractor.
- Based from home operating with their regional team with occasional investigations throughout the UK as necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of housing construction and NHBC Technical Standards
- Working with housebuilder/contractors
- Interpreting insurance policies and determining claim validity.
- Able to influence and deal with potential disagreements in a confident manner that maintains relationships.
- Able to gather and analyse information to support decision making and be pragmatic in decision making.
- Will have a strong understanding of NHBC Technical Requirements/Standards, Construction, Buildmark policies and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communicator with appropriate interpersonal skills, planning and organisational skills.
Education and Qualifications
It would be great if you have / are working towards a professional membership of MCIOB, RICS, CII, CILA or similar;
HNC/NHD or NVQ level 6 in a construction related discipline.
Hiring Process: After the closing date 26/05/2022 we will contact you regarding your application.
Potential applicants are sometimes put off if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We think individual experience, skills and passion make all the difference, so if you meet the majority of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Your future with us
We have lots of fantastic examples across our business of people who are building their career with us. We are huge advocates of internal mobility and work hard to retain our best talent. We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you’re ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We’ll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
Our inclusive culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to bring their true selves to work. We fundamentally believe in the rights of all our employees and customers to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, free from discrimination. We have active employee networks that support our colleagues and their allies, creating safe spaces for open conversations and the sharing of ideas. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. NHBC Values
If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know at Recruitment@nhbc.co.uk