Safemark Ensuring that your contractors have the skills, knowledge, training and experience required to work on your house-building project(s)
Safemark is our pre-qualification health and safety assessment scheme. It's the only such scheme designed by house-building specialists for house builders. It is recognised by Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) .
To download Safemark documentation, choose from the links below:
Safemark appointment form and registration pack:
Alternative SSIP scheme application:
For contractors who already hold an accreditation with another SSIP member
Should you require further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 029 2085 5600.
If you have any comments about the Safemark process or would like to give feedback on Safemark please visit NHBC Customer Charter.
Being responsible and doing the right thing
Clients will always seek to appoint a reliable principal contractor who they can trust to undertake their house-building project efficiently, safely and without risk to others. The principal contractor in turn, has the responsibility to look for the same in the contractors (including sub-contractors) that they employ.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) state that contractors (including sub-contractors), must have the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out work safely and without risk to health.
Contractors therefore have an important role in planning, managing and monitoring their work to ensure any risks are controlled.
What is Safemark?
Safemark is a pre-qualification assessment scheme that is Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) member-assessed. This means that those contractors (or sub-contractors) with Safemark have been assessed and confirmed by an SSIP forum member as meeting acceptable health and safety standards.
A certificate will be issued to those who successfully complete the assessment, along with a logo for use on corporate stationery. Accreditation lasts for 12 months and needs to be renewed annually by reassessment.
The benefits of Safemark accreditation?
- Safemark is accredited to the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) standard
- It's currently the only scheme designed by house builder specialists for house builders
- The time consuming pre-assessment of contractors has already been done for principal contractors
- It exempts contractors from repetitive assessment in their tendering for projects
- Saves contractors time with no need to manage lengthy administration associated with self-certification
- Accreditation lasts 12 months
- Demonstrates CDM 2015 requirements of relevant skills, knowledge, experience and, where needed, organisational capability to undertake a project
- Demonstrates contractors understanding of current health and safety legislation.
Health and Safety Awards
The UK's only health and safety awards scheme exclusively for home builders.Find out more
Ready to order or need more information? Contact us