NVQ Level 3 - occupational work supervision
Who should do it
Those that are site based in a supervisory role
You must be working on a construction site so that we can assess you in your place of work.
What are the benefits?
Completion of this NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision will demonstrate that you can operate consistently and competently to industry defined standards. Those who choose this Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Work Supervision will:
gain a credible qualification
progress your development and career
become a more confident supervisor
understand best practice on site, including work methods and health and safety
apply for a Gold CSCS card after taking the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test
How long does it take?
Most NVQs take 9-12 months to complete, but it is not uncommon for learners to finish earlier. If it takes more than a year, then there may be a charge for each extra month.
Costs and grants
This Level 3 NVQ will cost £1,985 +VAT if completed within 12 months
All our NVQs attract CITB grants to assist with the cost of learning - please contact Construction Skills for further details.
Where does it lead?
On completion of this NVQ, you could consider taking a higher qualification such as the Level 3 NVQ in Construction Contracting operations and the Level 4 NVQ in Construction Site Supervision. Your assessor will be delighted to discuss these and any other options with you.
What level is it?
An NVQ Level 3 is equivalent to two A Levels.
Those who take this NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision must complete all units in Group A and a minimum of two units in Group B to give a minimum of 67 credits in total.
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant and equipment in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
- Confirming work meets quality standards in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the team’s performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace
- Contributing to the circulation of construction related project information in the workplace
Assessor was very helpful and was on the end of the phone whenever I had a query.
Happy with efficiency of the course