NVQ Level 7 - Construction senior management
Develop and prove you have the skills needed to be a knowledgeable, competent senior site manager and gain an industry recognised route to full CIOB member application. This NVQ Level 7 in Construction Senior Management covers all aspects of higher responsibilities that senior managers have to control and will help progress your development and career.
Who should do it
Existing site managers
Those in senior roles in construction management
You must be working on a construction site so that we can assess you in your place of work.
What are the benefits?
Completion of this NVQ Level 7 in Construction Senior Management will demonstrate that you can operate consistently and competently to industry defined standards. Those who choose this Level 7 NVQ in Construction Senior Management will:
gain a credible qualification
progress your development and career
become a more confident supervisor
understand best practice on site, including work methods and health and safety
apply for a black or white CSCS card (Manager or Professionally Qualified Person dependent upon other qualifications or Professional Memberships) after taking the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test
progress to full membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
How long does it take?
Most NVQs take 9-12 months to complete, but it is not uncommon for learners to finish earlier. If it takes more than a year, then there may be a charge for each extra month.
Costs and grants
This Level 7 NVQ will cost £2,495 +VAT if completed within 12 months
All our NVQs attract CITB grants to assist with the cost of learning - please contact Construction Skills for further details.
Where does it lead?
Those who achieve this NVQ can progress to senior management job roles within construction, with responsibility for project operational management and oversight and/or financial control of the whole project. They may use the qualification to achieve professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB).
What level is it?
An NVQ Level 7 is equivalent to a Masters degree.
To complete this NVQ Level 7 in Construction Senior Management, the candidate will need to complete six mandatory units and should achieve at least 62 credits from optional modules
- Manage project processes in construction management
- Manage teams in construction management
- Provide advice, judgement and services ethically in construction management
- Develop self and others in construction management
- Control projects in construction management
- Plan a construction organisation’s workforce
At least 62 credits should be achieved from the below modules.
- Prepare and agree a project brief and outline programme in construction management (24 credits)
- Direct the management of design development and processes in construction management (22 credits)
- Sustainability and environmental impact of developments in construction management (20 credits)
- Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements for the whole lifecycle of a construction project (17 credits)
- Establish project procurement arrangements in construction management (18 credits)
- Implement, monitor and control strategic procurement systems in construction management (12 credits)
- Manage tendering processes in construction management (19 credits)
- Manage the preparation and submission of estimates, bids and tenders in construction management (16 credits)
- Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and agreed in construction management (18 credits)
- Control budgets and contract payment entitlement in construction management (11 credits)
- Evaluate and progress the resolution of contractual disputes in construction management (18 credits)
- Manage marketing and customer service in construction management (13 credits)
- Manage the handover of a construction project (10 credits)
The course helped me to refocus with the disciplines of my job roles
Course was well run and requirements were well explained by Mark. Once I had got to grips with the phone app and website, evidence was very easy to upload, describe and add to my portfolio. The whole course fitted in well around my (sometimes) extremely busy day to day diary, and Mark was great help in changing appointments when things became too busy.
David, my assessor, was great. He was always available on the phone and scheduled visits to complete on site assessments at convenient times. Due to his commitment and assistance to my learning I was able to complete the course relatively quickly. Working with David made my course easier but generally the entire course was well supported and well defined. I want to wish David all the best and thank him for the support.